MTC Services LLC
Industry: IT Management consulting for law and other professional services firms
We provide a thorough IT evaluation; identifying issues or gaps within a firm’s technology infrastructure, budgets, information management processes and policies, and technology support staff.
Retained CIO Services
Large firms retain full-time Chief Information Officers (CIOs) to insure they stay current technologically and manage their technology effectively. A full-time CIO may not be cost-effective or necessary for a small or mid-sized firm. MTC Services offers part-time CIO services provided by highly qualified, experienced professionals.
- Project Management
- Technology Strategic Planning
- Cost Containment
- Vendor/Product Evaluations and Recommendations
- IT and Security Policy Development
- IT Staff Evaluation, Coaching, and Training
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning
Phil Wisoff has over 25 years of experience as a senior IT executive in professional services firms and corporations, his experience and skills enable him to bridge the gap between business management and IT professionals. He has helped numerous businesses make the best use of technology and control costs.
· Developed and executed technology strategies that align technology with business objectives, improve personnel productivity, streamline systems, and control costs. Successfully created multiple three year technology plans, gained management approval, and tracked plans against objectives and budgets.
· Transformed IT organizations to be highly customer service oriented and effective at managing firm technology. Successfully designed and implemented new IT organization structures and processes in multiple business environments to improve service, reduce technology issues and control costs.
· Designed and implemented firm-wide IT disaster recovery plans and infrastructures. Tested plans to prove their effectiveness.
· Developed and coached numerous IT personnel to become more effective and helped them progress in their careers.
· Managed large complex (multi-faceted) technology projects. Projects included major system upgrades and replacements, office moves of up to 3500 people, desktop upgrades for up to 30,000 people, and several data center re-locations. Developed major systems including Intranets, business reporting systems, and data warehouses.
· Reduced spending through formal vendor negotiations program. Established procedures and process to better control technology assets, budgets, and manage contracts.
· Directed information security programs and helped develop firm wide policies. Worked with internal staff and vendors to audit security systems and procedures. Identified and remediated security gaps and implemented monitoring capabilities. Responded to client security audits.
· Managed several non-IT functions including, Knowledge Management team, Records and Conflicts team, Library, and Litigation Support.
MTC Services LLC, Principal – 2 years
Proskauer Rose LLP, Chief Information Officer – 7 years
Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP, Director
EYT (start up company), VP of Internet Solutions
Ernst & Young, Director
American International Group, VP
Squibb Corporation, Director
Bell Laboratories, Member of Technical Staff
Stanford University MS – Computer Science-Computer Engineering
Brown University BS – Computer Science